Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Is this a set-up?

As I was leaving Miami and deciding where to live next (as if it was such a choice), my parents recommended that I move to Atlanta. I knew NO ONE in Atlanta! My parents reminded me that a friend of theirs has two sons who live there and they could "show me around." Clearly this did not entice me and time moved on.

Over the 4th of July holiday, I was sitting at the beach with family and friends and the two boys from Atlanta show up. I get the hard sell prior to their arrival. "You should talk to our son" "Do you know that you and our son have so much in common?" I even got an invite to a barbecue. "You should come, our son will be there..."

We are talking quite the fairy tale here. Two sets of Jewish parents, trying to set up their over 30 year old children - who live hundreds of miles from each other. My last relationship was the result of a set up. At first, I thought it was so cute. I mean, what a great story! I was sorely mistaken and have been cautious of efforts to be set up since.

No comments:

Post a Comment