Saturday, October 23, 2010

Predictability

It's been a little overwhelming since coming home from Africa. There is so much going on around me, so much access, so many people - a definite deviation from the bush. I've been a bit of a hermit, keeping myself in my apartment, slowly integrating back within my world.

As I head out with friends to watch the Phillies (who ultimately choked), we landed at a local dive bar. Surprise of all surprises, everyone there was under 30 and in finance. I'm so over the predictability and realizing I know what I can get from that scene - not much.

I'll take my chance on me today, seeing what I can come up with, recognizing based on recent experiences that it is a hell of a lot less predictable than what NYC men have been able to offer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment