Friday, October 29, 2010

The wrong attention...

As I settle back into reality, I am throwing myself into my life and more importantly, the job search - recognizing that the rent isn't going to pay itself. I find, however, that I keep getting the "wrong" attention in both areas.

I feel refreshed and revived, knowing I deserve better than I was getting before, both personally and professionally, but I guess the world hasn't caught up with me just yet. I figure, all attention should be good, right? Not so much. As a friend of the family set me up with a contact in my field, I went off for an interview, although I was skeptical that this will be a match. I was right. After two interviews and an insulting job offer, it almost makes me feel that my luck in finding that perfect job opportunity is bleak, especially since this has the only contact I have had.

On a more personal note, I continue to get calls from an ex, who is so eager to pay me the attention that he decided I wasn't good enough for almost a year ago. Persistence may pay off in the job market, but not as far as this is concerned

Let's hope the stars align and the attention turns more fruitful, as I continue to edit who I allow myself to receive attention from. I might be trying to put myself out there on all sorts of levels, but this is just the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment