Friday, August 20, 2010

Where are all the thirty-year old men?

As I have been heading out to the bars with friends, I find myself asking, where are all the thirty-year old men? Yes, I do go the occasional spot that may tend to resemble a fraternity house, but even at better venues, it seems that all the men I encounter are twenty-five and under.

As I was out enjoying the warm weather at one of my favorite outdoor spots, my friends and I were approached by these two boys (and I emphasize boys). One looked exactly like my sister's 13 year old neighbor - no joke! We started chatting, and they talked about starting a new job and being excited to live in the city. However, they do not live in the city, they live in New Jersey, with their parents. And, it's their first job, right out of college, as they JUST graduated in May!

I am starting to feel older and older, especially when the guys that are surrounding me were still in high school when I graduated college. There is something to be said about the energy of the young. I'm all for that, but would love it to be in a package that carries a little more age!

No comments:

Post a Comment