Thursday, September 9, 2010

Do I need to spell it out for you?

The only problem with spending so much time with the same people over a few weeks is the relationships can seem a little more "intense" then they actually are. The Jewish boy from Tennessee (see a few blog entries back) is a prime example of this.

After having to curb his continued desires to take me to dinner and commentary about how I am so pretty, everything came to a head. As were were chatting after work in his apartment, he asked "So, do I have a chance with you?" Caught off guard by his direct and bold statement, I replied kind at first, laughing and blowing off the question altogether. He continued to be persistent and I gave him all that was in my repertoire, including, we're such good friends, I'm only here for a few weeks, and that's not really my focus on this trip.

His response:
"Come on Molly, you are really going to paint yourself into that corner? Allowing yourself to miss out on something like this? Come on, I think I have a chance."

I have lost my patience at this point, letting him know, sadly, that he has "zero chance". This is still not enough to pacify him. He demands reasons. I go through my list again. Does he really need me spell it out for him? I mean, I'm on the verge of letting him know that i don't find him attractive and his personality is lacking as well, but my best judgement stops me and I politely and coyly tell him to just drop it. He lets me know that he'll stop trying to pursue me, but I will regret it.

I think I'm willing to take those chances...

No comments:

Post a Comment