Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's Like I can't Escape...

So as I travel to Africa, I had the belief that it would give me new experiences and get me away from the dreadful dating scene I have encountered recently. As it turns out, as I was in the airport at 2am in Cape Town, I would have no such luck. There is a guy here, from Tennessee, Jewish, and in finance. Being the friendly girl that I am, I started chatting with him, excited to meet someone from my program and make a friend. It took about twelve hours for him to start saying how he feels obligated to pay for my ostrich burger, "After all, I'm the guy." I remind him that we aren't on a date. He continues to let me know that we have so much in common and we can do all these things together, asking how I feel about an overnight trip to the Winelands.

Hold up! Its only day two! Not to mention I am so not interested. Either way, he's a nice guy, who will be renting a car during his time and has his own computer. These are the things I care about and nothing more...

No comments:

Post a Comment