Friday, April 16, 2010

The importance of details...

My father has always told me that I need to pay better attention to things. It's true, I tend to be impulsive and overlook the details. What can I say...

This point needs to be revisited after I receive an email from my parents, sharing that a friend of their friend's son is recently divorced and new to the city, stating that we should totally meet up. They forward me along the email from their friend, stating how nice this man is, recently divorced after a "short marriage". He is "kind, funny, good looking, and has a good job". Since I like an adventure, I allow my parents to send along my email to this guy. How bad could it be?

As I share my potential bad decision with my sister, reading her the email that was forwarded along to me, I realize, there's more! Seriously, no attention to detail! I read the email that was sent from my parent's friend to this guy, where they tell him the following...

I have a friend who has a daughter who lives in NYC. She broke up with her fiance 3 weeks before the wedding. She moved to NY from Miami but grew up in Rhode Island. She is 30 years old, quite beautiful and 5'10. She is in some sort of social work and is Jewish. Would you be interested in meeting her?


Glad to know that I am quite beautiful, but really, is knowing that my fiance and I broke up three weeks before the wedding really a selling point? Not sure if I have to just pay more attention to details before making decisions or further instruct others to leave the gory details out.

1 comment: