Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What to do when they don't get the hint and you can't stop...

I have a dilemma of sorts. A few weeks ago, a recent ex resurfaced. He calls me after breaking up with me over the holidays, becuase of our different religions. Completely floored, I'm wondering, "What could he possibly want?" After all, it's not like in the past five months I have changed religions. He tells me that he acted prematurely, that he missed me, and realized how great I was, which I translate to there were no other girls as great as me...

We meet up. MISTAKE. Make an even bigger mistake. REGRET. I tell him there is no need for him to be in my life, after all, I didn't really like him all that much during the time we dated. He was comfortable, reliable, dependable, and gives me the attention I crave.

He didn't enjoy this conversation, stating his disagreement with my feelings, but told he me will respect my wishes. That lasted two weeks. I'm still getting calls, texts, and emails. The unfortunate thing is, that I can't seem to shut this guy off. I keep engaging! Why can't he just get the hint, because with the draught I am in, the attention is warmer than the May weather and I'm a sucker for the sunshine...

No comments:

Post a Comment