Monday, October 31, 2011

Mr. Vanilla Vanilla

I met a very nice guy on Match.com who seemed nice enough and had a quick and witty email banter,(isn't it sad that this becomes a bonus?) Our first date was fun, drinks on the Lower East Side although he was little quiet and nervous. I figured, why not try one more date, see what happens.

He takes me to Sweet Revenge (www.sweetrevengenyc.com), a great little cupcake spot in the West Village. They pair amazing artisan cupcakes with wine and beer. Coming from the gym and also being a girl that wants to eat, I was hoping for dinner on our second date, but cupcakes and wine it was. I begin to realize that this boy is kind of a zero. He really has little to add to the conversation, is very nervous, and not all that exciting. This thought it punctuated by his order of a vanilla vanilla cupcake. I mean really, they have the most spectacular options, and this guy, orders the most plain cake he can find.

I might not be the most exciting person in the world, but know I am definitely not vanilla vanilla. By the way, I ordered the Sweet Revenge - Peanut Butter Cake, Ganache Filling with Peanut Butter Fudge Frosting. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment