Friday, March 12, 2010

The Dangers of Providing Too Much Information

As previously mentioned, I have recently started dating this guy. I get a little scared when starting what could be a new relationship. Let's just consider this the fear of history repeating itself. A challenge comes in with my parents. They are so interested in my love life, and part of me lets them, it helps them feel better about all that has happened. Unfortunately, it has now gone a little too far.

I was telling my parents about the bowling date, and how I have uncovered the last name of this new guy. My father asks what the last name is. I hesitate initially, worried about where this may lead. I even ask... "what are you going to do, google him?" My parents laugh, say no, and ask how to spell the last name.

Then I find out why I must stop indulging the parents. My parents googled my potential boyfriend!!!! I know I am the one at fault, but seriously?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment