Monday, March 8, 2010

Last Name

It's a strange thing when you are dating. There is a chance that you may not know a person's last name right away. I have done many a thing to find out the last name of these men. Checked the credit card when they are paying the bill. Look at the mail on the table in their apartment. But to be honest, it's all a little scary, slightly humiliating even, to have to be investigating these men, when all you are really looking for is a last name.

So I have been dating this guy, a great guy really. He makes me smile and laugh and it feels as though we've known each other for far longer than we have. Either way, it took a few dates before I knew his last name. I kept trying to find this information, but without great success. On our 4th date, we went bowling ( a whole other issue altogether...) When it was time to put in the names, he adds mine and then puts in some random name for himself. I ask, Who's that? He replies, point blank, "oh, that's my last name, that is what everybody calls me."

Ahh! Last name, good to know! Mystery solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment