Thursday, March 25, 2010

Don't I Deserve More?

It's a sad day when you realize the guy that you have started dating, and believe that there is something that could materialize, lets you down. After 8 dates, consistent communication, commonality, and a gut feeling, the new man disappoints.

On a date riddled with underhanded digs and far too much immaturity, the discussion of compliments comes up. He tells me that I have never said anything nice about him, which isn't true. There have been numerous comments made about his incredible smile, great sense of humor, and gorgeous eyes. Feeling guilty and starting to internalize what I bad person I must be, I start thinking... he's never said anything nice about me, not even a simple compliment?!?

So I say, "you know, while we are on the topic and you are making me feel pretty guilty, I don't think you have ever complimented me?"

"You are right, I haven't, but at least I haven't said anything mean either."

For real? That is the stupidest rationalization I have ever heard! And I have heard a lot of crap. I am starting to recognize that this guy isn't all I thought he was cracked up to be, knowing I deserve someone who can at least muster up a compliment, if for nothing more than knowing how to be polite. Recognizing once again, that it's hard to find a good one out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment