Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Dud

Last night, I may have gone on the worst date ever. Seriously. It's an hour of my life that I will never get back. I feel like I have said that before.

This guy and I have been emailing back and forth for a few weeks, I was pretty optimistic, until he canceled at the last minute over the weekend. I'm talking an hour before we were supposed to meet, at a still undisclosed location. I should have known then. As we rescheduled for last night, he tries to cancel again, upset that I am unable to meet him until 8pm. I told him it shouldn't be this complicated, that 8pm was best for me. He emails me back, sharing how excited he is to meet me, picks a place and the date is set.

I look up the bar. The website promotes that this bar would be where Carrie Bradshaw would have drinks with Jimmy Stewart. Not so much. This place is in Murray Hill (ugh!), and would be lucky to even be considered a glorified sports bar. I meet the Dud, who has way too much cologne on and NO personality.

I think he may have been high. I hope for his sake that his lack of personality was because he was high. He had a funny eye, and was looking at my from his good eye all night, with his hands crossed against his chest, continuing to say, yeah... To everything!

I can talk to a paper bag. Really, I can talk to anyone for a long time. But this guy really challenged me. I started asking him what his favorite food was. Seriously! I downed my wine in record time as he nursed his beer. We finished are drinks and he walked me to the bus, which thankfully was right there, and tried to kiss me. I gave him the cheek and ran, calling a friend and meeting for drinks and post date wrap up.

Today, I get the following:

Hi Molly,

How are you? It was great to meet you last night. Let me know if you want to get together again.

The Dud


Seriously? Was he on the same date as I was?

No comments:

Post a Comment