Thursday, June 10, 2010

Technical Difficulties

It continues to be my pet peeve - how technology has really impacted the dating scene. Actually, I can't even say the dating scene, because in this case, we're aren't even at that stage yet. I'm talking just communication, setting a time to see each other - making it happen!

I met this great guy at a charity event. We seemed to have hit it off well and spent a majority of the event and afterward chatting, hanging out, and drinking excessive amounts. We end up back at my apartment, where difficulties ensue - the technical kind. Leaving it at that, we exchanged numbers with the hopes of trying to see what we can "work out."

Text messaging. That's the form of communication that follows. It is so damn passive! "Yea, work sucks" "Man I wish it was weekend" "Is it five o'clock yet?" "A drink would be good right now."

How about asking me for a drink. Let's set it up and make it happen. Simply put. I do believe that setting up drinks shouldn't be all that complicated! Yet weeks have passed at this point, and he can't seem to close the deal, for the second time!

No comments:

Post a Comment