Friday, June 4, 2010

Hypocrisy

It's a job hazard I guess, to be overly aware of the alcohol I consume. Recently, after a open bar charity event, I consumed quite a few drinks well into the wee hours of morning. As I stumbled out of bed to head to work (ugh!), I realize just how destructive the night before was and how crappy I feel. Fortunately, I have the ability to Breathalyze myself upon getting to the office. It's a little game my co-workers and I play - keeps things interesting! My record is pretty impressive, enough to send my patients to rehab. However on this morning, I surprisingly came up clear! I was shocked, as was my co-worker, who was with me the night before...

As I am struggling through my morning group, breathalyzing my patients, someone else does not end up as lucky as me. Numbers are blown and the law has to get laid down. My patient tries to convince me that he only had one 22oz Old English (classy!) at 2am. Now I'm thinking to myself, I had about 6-7(yikes!) drinks until at least 3am, and I blew zeros. Who does he think he is kidding?!?

Obviously I can't share this rational. He is now on his way to rehab, if he's lucky enough not to lose his job. I am still employed and just got a raise. Hypocrisy is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment