Friday, June 18, 2010

The Lazy Fish

My friend and I have been working on this theory. Manhattan is a big fish bowl. There is a lot you can see - old fish (exes, one night stands, bad decisions), big fish (crushes, celebrities, solid catch), scum (self explanatory), and lastly - The Lazy Fish.

Go to any bar at happy hour, and you'll see - a bustling fish bowl, full of activity and fish on the prowl. My friend believes that the man should come to you. A kind of "make him work for you" thought process. I'm impulsive, I need to make things happen and I have very little patience. I am trying to embrace this concept of making him come to me. But as I am starting to realize, here in Manhattan, most men are lazy fish, and waiting for them to get their act together, could take a lifetime. I have wasted enough time already.

My friend tries to give me examples of guys that have come up to us. I have managed to dispute each example. I'm a smart fish. I'm calculated. I believe most women are. We'll dress up, pick the perfect place to go, position ourselves accordingly, sit a certain way, whatever. All to lure the man that we are interested in. So even if he does come to us, we have already baited the hook, threw out the line, so all the lazy fish has to do is open his mouth.

Most men in Manhattan can recognize that if they have a good job and are halfway good looking, all they have to do is sit there, and open wide.

And so the theory continues to be tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment