Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The idea of "him"...

For a single girl at the holidays, there can be nothing worse than being on your own. It's not that I miss anyone in particular, or even that there is anyone out there right now that I want to be with. It's the idea of "him", which always seems to be more magnified around the holidays. Knowing you have someone to sit with alongside your crazy family, at your friends holiday parties, and to kiss on New Year's Eve.

I mean, there is always the spiced cider that we have at my house on Thanksgiving. It's right next to me all night, enough to keep me warm inside, and makes the family stuff far more bearable. It even makes the rumblings of "are you dating anyone?" or "you'll find that someone special..." entertaining.

That new Marc Jacobs bag is a fabulous companion at friends holiday parties, accompanied by the right outfit, really a match made in heaven. And if I drink enough champagne at New Year's I won't even realize that I'm alone, or better yet, find someone to kiss at midnight, even if I never see him again.

Still the idea of having that person, an actually hand to hold. It's a nice idea. And one I would be lying if I said I didn't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment