Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Somewhere in Manhattan, there is a lucky girl...

I was in between appointments and grabbed a cappuccino at the Stumptown Coffee Roasters in the Ace Hotel. I settled in the library bar in the hotel's lobby, attempting to read. My attention was diverted from my novel to the hipsters sitting at the bar chatting.

The one guy is telling his buddy he is going to propose to his girlfriend. His buddy gives him the bro hug, you know, the one where he leads in with his shoulder and doesn't make too much contact. I'm captivated as he continues, sharing that he feels that he has "won the prize" and she makes him "a better person." They finish their beers and leave, as his buddy continues with the well wishes and the guy shines with this spectacular look on his face!

I'm glad I witnessed this. It's one of those moments, that restores your faith and makes you hope that you will make someone feel the same way one day. Despite his beer in the middle of the day and poor wardrobe choices, his girl, whoever she is, is a lucky woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment