Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Benefits of Aging Jewish Parents...

Having aging Jewish parents has some benefits that I continually reap...

Recently, I have received an email from my mom letting me know that there is a free movie screening in NYC. Yay! This could be something good! The movie is Lord of the Dance - 3D! Apparently this is not a joke and is coming to a theater near you soon!

I also tend to get mail from my parents. Mail is always a good thing. These days, all the postmaster brings me are bills, catalogs, and Netflix. So a personalized letter with stickers on it is fun. That is until I open it up, to see some article sent from the Sun-Sentinel by my Dad, or coupons from my mom, usually for tampons, Pepto, or Lactaid Pills. No note.

With all their aging quirks, the best is getting to hear the weather report for New York City, messages about how cold Matt Lauer looks on the today show so I should dress warmly, or the latest fad by Oprah.

Gotta love em!

No comments:

Post a Comment