Sunday, March 6, 2011

A hug, really?

I made some strides today as I lay extremely hung over, cursing tequila once again. I turn over, with the spins and a dry mouth to see my ex there. Ugh, tequila leads to such poor decision making. I have to take some responsibility however, as I have been dancing around shutting the door on what I know is not a good situation for a while now. My ex (the class ring guy) and I stopped dating a while back, but keep gravitating towards each other for pockets of what I consider fun, but self-destructive behavior.

This weekend, after a lot of tequila and his roommate hitting on me (for real - his words, we can hang out and he doesn't need to know), we went home together. Waking up in the morning, I knew this dance had to end. I told him no more, no hanging out as friends or dating, what was the point? We'd been down that road before and it's not going anywhere. After all, why should I spend time in something that goes no where?

He looks at me, as his eyes begin to water (seriously - looked like he was about to cry) and told me that he was so happy to have known me. Weird! I make no effort to keep him there, telling him he needs to go. He stands up, looks at me and turns to hug me. I didn't a hug, really just wanted to have him leave and get back into bed alone, but apparently he did...

No comments:

Post a Comment