Monday, February 1, 2010

Wisdom From a 6 Year Old

So my 6 year old niece is beyond profound, providing me with some of the most succinct love advice with a healthy dash of sarcasm. Its a little ridiculous, but I'd like to believe that her insight is just pure enough to be helpful in leading me to something more.

Upon my last break-up, my older sister was doing what she does best, telling me how everything will be okay, "there are a million of guys in New York City...". In the background, my niece is giving her input, letting my sister and I both know that "there are only 78 boys there for Auntie Molly." Wow, only 78? That's not a very big swimming pool! I ask her to engage in her soothsayer abilities and give me more insight. She informs me that the boy that is right for me will be named Jacob. Interesting...

Most recently, my niece is telling me of her upcoming Father-Daughter dance, I ask her if she will be dancing with any other boys besides her Daddy. In pure 6 year old going on 16 year old fashion, she tells me that she isn't too sure. She goes on to let me know that she has a few boyfriends, and "do you have a boyfriend yet Auntie Molly?"

Nothing like a little humiliation by a 6 year old. I let her know that I do not in fact have a boyfriend, and ask for her advice once again. Seeing as she is the one with all the luck, what are her secrets? She of course, being a little stinker, will not let me in on her secrets. I begin to beg, needing to know the secrets from the playground, maybe there is something I am over looking with my approach? She won't budge! Pulling out all the stops, I ask her how she expects to be a flower girl ever again if she can't help me find a man? Her response...

"That's just life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment