Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Healthy Balance

Is it too much for a girl to ask for a healthy balance in an man? What I am finding is that some men in NYC seem to feel the need to overcompensate. And to be honest, its disheartening, a little nauseating, and in most cases, totally unnecessary!

The case of Big Kev...

My friend and I were watching the Jets demise for the season, sitting at the bar next to these nice guys, having fun at other people's expense and making sure there were never empty drinks. As the game ended, with Jets fans in tears, Big Kev put his business card on the table, sharing his hopes that we could all hang out again. Letting my friend run point, she emailed him, setting up a hang out for the following weekend, where he shared that he would be bringing friends and it would be a good time. This was perfect as neither of us found Big Kev all that enticing in the date department, but had some fun and found him entertaining; we could all be friends!?!

Well this has now been shot to shit...

Text messages were passed on the night we were to meet up. My friend and I were bailing, letting the cold weather and hang overs from the night before get the best of us. Big Kev texts my friend, who at this point just gives him my number, because he seems to be overly concerned about what my plans are. Looking for my own entertainment, I screw with him a little bit, not letting him in on the fact that I know its him texting. This is what I get...

Ur hot and I want to see you ;)

Molly, U wear those hot uggs and love to drink bloodys and u love life??? Take a guess

Molly u are the sexiest women I have ever seen and u have a smile that melts ice cream and me ;) U love bloody marys and enjoy talking with me ;)


My response: Gee Big Kev, didn't think u were that dramatic and cheesy! That stuff doesn't usually work on me.

I never heard back from him, hoping for his sake that there was a lot of alcohol involved in his entire texting episode. The point is, there is a lack of balance out there. Either the guy doesn't get in touch with you at all or goes in for the over kill. Do I have to keep dealing with these extremes? There has to be a better way...

No comments:

Post a Comment