Saturday, December 18, 2010

Letting Go...

I read someplace that the moment you are willing to walk away from what is wrong is when things start getting right. It made instant sense to me. It's not secret that it's hard for me to "walk away" from things/people/situations. I think that is why I give people more chances than they should have. Closing a door is a hard thing. What I am starting to realize is how leaving that door open, even if it's just a crack, can create so much more damage, hindering the change I know I deserve.

What I'm stuck is where to get that willingness to let go, despite the heartache and general shit that has been in my life? Talk about being self-destructive, right? It shows the vicious cycle that is the comfort in what was familiar for so long. What was my life for so many years, and now I have to let it go, knowing that if I don't, I can't move forward.

One night I was out drinking with my friends. When the end of the night came and I went to leave, and couldn't seem to push the door open (yea, I had a lot to drink that night). Makes me wonder though, if I can't push a door open, theoretically speaking, and can't shut a door, where does that leave me?

I'm going to try this whole letting go thing. I don't want to be stuck in the middle...

No comments:

Post a Comment