Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Prince Charming

While at a charity event last week, I met a dashing young man who seemed to sweep me off my feet. It may have been the way we danced to Christmas music, or perhaps the open bar. Either way, consider me swept.

We met again at the wine bar that he works. Yes, his place of employment. He is, a restaurant professional, his words, not mine. He has dreams of being a sommelier, living in France and Italy, and one day, having his own establishment, where he can create interesting libations for all to enjoy. Did I mention that he is 25 and lives at home with his father in Long Island. Dream shattered!

However, this boy is like Bambi, looking at me with these wide eyes, head over heels for me. And I have to say, the attention is quite nice, as was the endless glass of Cava that he provided me. I allow myself to see how this could get better, if I overlook his young age, poor choice in a roommate, and love of being a glorified waiter. Then in comes a little nugget of information that he has kept from me...

He is Prince Charming! For real, back in 2003, when he was young, strapping lad out of high school, he traveled to the far away land of Orlando, where he became Prince Charming, thanks to his dashing good looks, tree-like height, and shining smile! I died laughing!

Seriously, who says you can't meet your prince charming in a city of a million people? After all these frogs that I have kissed! Sadly, something must have gotten mixed up in the department of princesses and fairies (a real department at Disney, by the way). A prince he may be, but not for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment