Thursday, December 30, 2010

Weather Challenges

After 20" of snow in New York City, how's a girl supposed to look cute on a date? It's bad enough that two dates have been postponed as a result of this crazy blizzard. But now that the dates are set, the conflict continues.

Can I wear wellies on a date? Or do I sacrifice safety (the streets are slippery) and warmth (baby, it's cold outside) and go with the tall heeled boots.

Last year, the question was can I wear Uggs on a date. You know, it gets real cold here in New York and unlike many other cities, we're not driving around all the time, unless after paying exorbitant amount on rent you can afford car service or cabs to take you everywhere, clearly, I can't afford that. But I digress...

I polled friends before leaving for my date last night. One told me I had to wear the tall boots, after all, it was a first date, and I wanted to make a good impression. My two other friends were far more practical, instructing me to wear the wellies. After all, said one of my friends, "it's a disaster outside!" She continued to remind me that if a guy was going to judge me because I wear wellies a few days after a major storm, screw him!

As I trekked to my date, clear crosstown, jumping through puddles with a big smile on, I get to the restaurant where I meet my date. One of the first things he mentioned to me was how cute my boots were...

No comments:

Post a Comment