Sunday, December 26, 2010

A new level of humiliation...

As I spent an evening with my pregnant friend and her husband, I got insight into the lives of a happily married couple who are expecting their first child any day now. It was cute to see him put together their second swing, arguing why baby needs two swings. It was funny to see her fight for a small sip of beer, exclaiming that baby was cooked, and what would a little beer do to baby now. Special note - don't mess with a full term pregnant lady...

Then the conversation turned to me and who I'm dating these days. My friend's husband gets into this, he wants to make sure that I date someone that is useful to him, still upset that I broke it off with guy who works for ESPN. For a couple that has been together for at least 10 years, they were curious as to how to even meet a guy these days. I know what that is like. After dating the same person for over six years, it is a daunting thing to think of how to date again, so I understood their curiosity.

I told them about my Internet dating adventure. They became intrigued, asking to see my profile, unsure of how the whole thing worked. And so started a new level of humiliation. They were beyond intrigued by the concept, continuing to quip at how "interesting" and "neat" the whole process was. They continued to remind me that they never needed to do that. Yea, I never thought I would either. But here I am, scoping guys on the Internet with your very pregnant friend and her husband weighing in on either side of the couch. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment