Tuesday, February 22, 2011

If you can't beat them, join them?

So my friend, who reads my blog (Thanks!), decided to send me this article from the Wall Street Journal. The gist of it is that "too many men in their 20s are living in a new kind of extended adolescence". My response to my friend and the article was - interesting and sad all in one concise article filled with excuses! Ugh! So frustrating!

Ah well. Gets me thinking though. If most men these days are are stuck in an extended adolescence and there is little getting around it - should I join them? Is it time to break out the funnel?

Right as I am ready to start practicing my best keg stand, I realized, I've have tested the can't beat them join them theory. It's called Africa, it's called dive bars with beer pong, its called 25 year old suitors.

Shit, seems I'm just going to have to stay the course. Maybe I can find a straggler, an outlier, someone who isn't focused on just beer pong and video games, and actually enjoys being a grown up.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704409004576146321725889448.html?KEYWORDS=where+have+the+good+men+gone

No comments:

Post a Comment