Sunday, February 27, 2011

What constitutes a date?

A date to me is when two people who like each other go out together. Dinner, movie, drinks, concert, museum, whatever... Does an outing need to end with two people in bed together to constitute a date?

Well according to my ex, that I have recently re-connected with, that should be a part of the plan. After a perfect dinner and evening stroll, I thanked him for what I thought was a great evening, and a great date. He questioned whether it was a date or not, because I chose to go home alone. His exact words as I hopped on the uptown express bus - can it be considered a date if we're going home separately?

Call it my naivete, but I'm wondering if this is what dating has been reduced to? Is this modern day courting? Perhaps I should just reconsider why I have reunited with this asshole in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment