Saturday, February 12, 2011

Want to come to my dorm room and watch a movie?

Now that I have started a total love affair with Netflix (a long story for another time), I want to watch movies all the time! In an attempt to have a low key night with Prince Charming (yes, he's still around), I offered to have him over and watch the latest arrival from Netflix - The Social Network. Now, I hadn't seen the movie yet and was really looking forward to watching it.

Back in college, if you were asked to go back to the dorms and watch a movie, usually there was no movie watching going on. Silly me for thinking that I'm out of college. He comes over, brings a lovely bottle of wine, and tries right off the bat to distract me from the movie. I remind him that I really want to watch the movie, and shut him down. As we hit the halfway mark, he tells me "I've behaved for half the movie, I can't help myself anymore." I told him that I really wanted to watch the movie. He replies, "wait, you really wanted me to come over and watch the movie???" And with that, he paused the movie.

A sign that I am getting older. I was really upset that I stopped the movie, and found it hard to pick up where I left off in the movie the next day. Is it so hard to find a guy who wants to come over and actually watch the movie? Is two hours really all that challenging for a guy to sit still and focus on something? Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment