Monday, February 28, 2011

My Poppa

I visited my Poppa while I was home for the weekend. He's 93 years old and has become quite the conversationalist, throwing out interesting stories (he won the award for resident most like Cary Grant) and funny jokes.

As he is telling me how proud he is of me and how interested he is in my life, he asks, with a smirk on his face, if I am keeping any secrets from him. I have a feeling I know where he is going with this, but ask him whatever could he mean? He looks over at my sister than back at me.

"Well Molly, do you have any special companion?" Stifling my laughs, I let him know that sadly, I do not have a boyfriend. I assure him, however, that I will keep him posted. He then asks me if I am on Jdate. How does a 93 year old man with no computer literacy know about Jdate?

Gotta love him and his desire to see me settled and happy, hopefully, in his mind, with a nice Jewish man. In my greatest Jewish grandmother voice I say...

"From your mouth to God's ears!"

No comments:

Post a Comment