Saturday, February 26, 2011

Slumber Party

My 7 year old niece is quite precocious. She is a sponge, grasping everything and anything that is said around her. And she is wise beyond her years. I love her for this, she truly is exceptional! However, the little stinker is really getting a little too cute for her own good.

She asked me a few times this weekend, how my slumber party was. I look at her, asking with great curiosity, what she means? I haven't had a slumber party in years! She told me that isn't true, she heard her mother (my sister) talking about a recent slumber party that I had. Thinking quickly and sending death looks my sister's way, I tell her that I slept over at my friend's house the prior weekend out of town.

This satisfied the sassy girl for only a moment, as she continued to pressure me for details. Lesson learned, tell my sister to keep her mouth shut around her chatty little girls and keep future slumber parties confidential!

No comments:

Post a Comment