Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baggage

I found myself getting sad while watching How I Met Your Mother the other night. Great show, usually makes me laugh, this week, however, not so much. On the subject of baggage, the discussion was made that the old we get, the more likely we are to encounter a potential mate with baggage.

Feeling as though I am the queen of baggage, I get worried. I've been on dates, judging others for their shit. No significant relationship, no hair, mommy issues, and physical deformities to name a few. But am I being judged as well? Where does that leave me? I can't change what I carry with me, despite my best efforts. I have moved on from it, but its like that crazy STD that just won't go away!

The question becomes, do I have to find someone with more baggage than me? Because that would really suck! Then I'd be looking down the suburban driveway of a balding divorcee, as he drops his kids back off with their mother. I'm thinking that there has got to be something better than that!

As I chat about this with friends, it's determined that it is best not to settle, which can get hard, sitting with all that discomfort, and receding hairlines!

No comments:

Post a Comment