Thursday, May 27, 2010

Scumbag

As I am out the other night with friends, I met a somewhat decent guy. He was British - known now as British Dick 2 (there was an original British Dick, but that is a whole other story). The accent always throws me off and I miss characteristics that might otherwise be noticed. As he is texting another girl while talking to me, I clued in and started to check out. However, my friend was keen on his friend, so the wing man in me kept the conversation going (the flowing drinks helped too). The night ends, he asks for my number, I give it to him and head home.

Days pass, no word. I'm not all that bummed or worried, as I am recognizing there is no real loss. As I was out at an event later this week I run into him again (seriously small city!) Bored and slightly intoxicated, I text him, mentioning what a pity it is that he never called me. At this time, I'm staring right at him. He sees me and waves my friends and I over (including the same girl his friend was chatting with the other night). As I make jokes at his expense, he starts talking to my friend - whatever!

Fast forward to today, my friend tells me he texted her, getting her number from his friend. He wants to take her out for drinks, she says, "would you mind?" Seriously? You'd consider going out with him? He's no property of mine, but what a scumbag? Not sure what is worse in this whole scenario, that my friend is considering going out with this guy or that he is such a scumbag to take her out after chasing me?

There has got to be something better out there than this...

No comments:

Post a Comment