Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Is it Luck?

As I was out to dinner the other night with a friend, I realized that is hard to be a single girl in NYC. I know, so cliche, right? It's not that kind of story. We were chatting, talking strategy I guess. Trying to make each other feel better?

She calls her Internet dating a collection of blind dates. Apparently it's a more user friendly term for her. I call my Internet dating a disaster. No better way to put it. After war stories of bad dates and bad decisions, we trade stories about our recent outings with girlfriends. She talks of her roommate, who has been single for less than a second, with three dates lined up, after a night on the town without even brushing her hair. I shared my stories of being the only one not talked to an an event the other night, or at least not talked to by anyone good. Meanwhile, my friend who has been single for less than a minute, managed to find a guy and go on a date with him - that night. Me? I went home after a night of free martinis which led to free beer, alone, waking up with a hangover, and a bad taste in my mouth (the drunk dials that I had made didn't help either).

So I'm going to try a new strategy, which simply put, includes not trying at all. Having fun! Respecting myself! Not drinking to excess would be helpful too (no one likes a mess)! I've started working on this already and it's been great! I might not have the exciting stories of a reckless night out, but I don't have the bad dates or bad memories to deal with either.

Its a small city, despite the hype. There is a guy out there for me, and man, is he going to be excited to find me...

No comments:

Post a Comment