Saturday, May 22, 2010

You Want a Piece of Me?

I am starting to believe I am more and more unsinkable. Here's why...

As I head out with my co-worker yesterday, to guiltily soak up a little of the sunshine while we grab lunch, I realize that my cute summer bag is a little on the light side. I peer into the empty bag, well, almost empty - my granola bar was still there, I realized that there are a few things missing...

My shit got jacked at work AGAIN! Occupational hazard in working with the people that I work with. I get why someone would want my wallet. It makes the most sense. The metro card I can understand as well. What really threw me for a loop was that my makeup bag was stolen. What the hell? What is someone going to do with my makeup?!?!

I am starting to realize that I deal quite well with adversity. Shifting into survival mode or something - usually with Britney Spears playing the soundtrack in the background, like my own version of a superhero! I canceled my cards and got new ones sent out. I got a round trip metro card from the office administrator. Held in my real thoughts to my boss, which worked in my favor, allowing me to leave early and get him to pay for the stolen makeup (do you know how much that costs?)

As I walk out of my office and head back to my apartment, I managed to find a way to enjoy the gorgeous afternoon, pick up my passport, get my makeup done for me (by the lovely gay man at Sephora)and am perfectly primed for a lovely evening at the Bryant Park bar for drinks.

Was I really going to let this get me down? Absolutely not! It takes more than that...

No comments:

Post a Comment