Thursday, January 7, 2010

Did I really make that decision... again?

What better way to recover from the new year celebration than with another night of drinking. My friend and I decided we needed a do over. So out we went on our own version on a bar crawl around the Upper East Side. Now I have been living here for over a year, but my friend just moved to the hood. So clearly, we needed to introduce her around properly.

Among those invited to the evening was one "Bad Date Bobby". I make names for past dates of mine, and "Bad Date Bobby" was amongst the first within my NYC dating experience. From time to time, "Bad Date Bobby" and I still run into each other, meet up on a platonic level, sometimes in embarrassing situations, but have kept things pretty friendly.

The night progresses with many beers and car bombs - my idea, claim to fame, and presently unfortunate point of shame... So I obviously and drunkenly invite him out. My intentions are not pure and have little anticipation of him actually coming out, but low and behold, after many texts stating "You should come here" "Come here" "Why aren't you here?" He actually came to meet up.

I had proposed the booty call months ago to "Bad Date Bobby". At the time, he lived a block away. Location is always key when exploring the concept of a booty call. I had already known at this point that he is not a good date (more info on that later)and his personality is lacking too, but there is a little something under the covers that seemed to keep my attention. Well, true to form, he's a little slow on the uptake, but followed through in the new year.

It wasn't what I remembered to say the very least, not to mention, I was privileged enough to learn things about "Bad Date Bobby" and his grooming habits this "lucky" evening. Was it essential for me to learn that he trims his underarm hair because he feels it gets "too long"? There's man-scaping and then there is too much information! He also apparently gets really long hairs growing on random parts of his body and asked me to inspect him. Mind you, it's not even 8am at this point! This bad decision couldn't end quick enough at this point. I did manage to get a good hangover breakfast and then a confused look from "Bad Date Bobby" afterwards as he asked, "what do I do now?" I explain to "Bad Date Bobby" that he goes home, pointed him in the direction of his apartment, kissed him on the cheek, and didn't look back. And so ends a bad decision, "Bad Date Bobby", and one mediocre booty call.

No comments:

Post a Comment