Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Is it possible to get beyond the Internet when Internet Dating?

What I don't understand is how you can meet a guy through Internet dating, but have difficulty getting them off the computer and into real life. You have witty banter, make jokes, flirt, wink, whatever! The message ends, emails are exchanged, for what, more emails? What is so wrong with meeting face to face? I just don't understand!?!

There is the one guy I have been chatting with, cute, smart, claims he's 6'4 (so even if he is lying, he'll still be taller than most). He asks for my email and we've been chatting at work for the past few days. How are you? How's your day? Did you have a good weekend? I haven't even met this guy yet, but we chat everyday. Today he asks for more pictures of me. I try and avoid the creepy undertones of this request and let him know that we could always meet in person, no pictures needed, because we'd be seeing each other, in person, with drinks! No response, no acknowledgement whatsoever....

Another guy... we chatted, actually made it out for two dates, and now, nothing but emails. Every day I get numerous emails. One or two sentence emails. substituting for conversations and the all so important face time. It's been weeks of emails, with no discussion of meeting again, just more and more mindless emails.

Hey whats up and how are you today? Been a busy week so far for me

Hey there and how was the remainder of your weekend?

Went out for a bit to this place on Bleeker, was my friends bday so met up for a drink...

Where did u watch the games?

Yes, sleep is something I need right now


I am a girl who wants to move beyond the blueish light of the computer and into the bright lights of the city, with a man who isn't afraid to step away from the screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment