Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Taxi Cab Confessions

So as I hop in a cab from JFK, my thoughts are focused solely on getting back to my apartment. However, the cab driver had something different in mind. The Taxi Cab Confessions...


"So miss, you are single yes? Can you tell me what it is that you look for in a man?" I am thinking to myself, is this for real? What makes people just want to talk to me about these things? However, I engage, interested to see where this is going. I scratch the surface, identifying that I am not all that sure what I am looking for, but can tell you what I am not looking for... He goes into a list, alerting me of the FIVE THINGS THAT I NEED IN A MAN.

1. He must not be more than 5 years older than me, and definitely not younger.

2. We must be best friends.

3. I must be put first, then family. The relationship that is built between you and your significant other is most important. (I whole heartedly agree with this!)

4. We must do the same things, think the same way, and make the same decisions.

5. We must be able to respect each other, no matter what. Believing in each other is very important.


In addition, my very chatty cabbie read my fortune, alerting me that I will move to the suburbs one day and raise all of my children, abandoning this life in New York City (Gasp!)

You never know when there might be some interesting advice out there for you, whether you listen to it is something else entirely. Just goes to show, everyone in this city is in love with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment