Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My way the even the playing field...

Carrie was dumped via a post it...

A good friend of mine was dumped via a letter given to her door man to give to her...


I decided it was time to even the playing field, and since I had the opportunity, I seized the day!

Jason Snugglebug is a special case. We met, had margaritas, he walked me home, it was the picture of a fairly decent date. The deal breaker came later that week when he decided to join me at a charity event. He was a perfect date, once again, catering to me and all my friends, making sure our drinks were never empty and holding conversations with all. His flaw - he was over complementary. I know how it sounds, "How terrible! A guy giving too many complements?!?" At one point in the night, there were nothing but complements coming out of his mouth. "Oh my God Molly, you look so beautiful." "Oh my God, those boots are incredible!" "Oh my God, I am so lucky to be here with you tonight." I appreciate all the good words, but there comes a point where there is too much of a good thing.

Wine got the best of me that night though, and after too many drinks for a work night, I decided that the party needed to continue (of course), going out for more drinks despite the fact that the party was most definitely over. Jason Snugglebug followed me, telling me how smitten he was... over and over again.

The details that led him up to my apartment are fuzzy . I do know I woke up the next morning, dreading that I had to go to work, and very hung over. Next to me, is one Jason Snugglebug...naked. I on the other hand, am fully clothed. I look over at Jason Snugglebug and say, "Wow...what kind of party did you have with yourself last night."

"Oh my God Molly, you should stay in bed with me all day, let's just snuggle, come on....call out of work, let's snuggle!"


I couldn't make this up if I tried. Seriously, there is nothing more nauseating than waking up to that, even without the hangover. After much work, I managed to get myself together and heading off to the subway, with Jason Snugglebug by my side, sharing how much he'll miss me as he was leaving town for a Caribbean vacation with his mother (seriously!).

He has continued to call and I have continued to dodge, feeling guilty for being so harsh. Until tonight, my opportunity to let him know (via text message)that "I am just not that into him."

"Hope things r going well. Been meaning to be in touch. Things r kind of stressful and I don't have extra time in my life right now for much. It was great to meet u and I wish u all the best!"


And that's how to even the playing field!

No comments:

Post a Comment